Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mixing Metals



I figured out what it is that bugs me about this dress -- the straps are just a little too far apart for my narrow shoulders, so they keep falling down all damn day. The problem is totally fixable, so before I wear it next I'm going to make the necessary alterations. Less of an issue, but something I still notice, is the fact that the buckles and eyelets on the straps are silver finish, while the buttons are brass. Normally I don't mind mixing metals in the least, but on the same piece it looks a little off. Luckily I know someone who has lots of metal hardware at his disposal, so I suspect this can also be fixed without too much trouble.



Dress: Fanplusfriend Garden
Shirt: Forever 21
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen
Bag: Coccinelle
Bracelet: Wendy Mink

No comments:

Post a Comment