Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Get Over It

For some reason this skirt always feels very risqué to me, even though the shortest length isn't any shorter than some of the other skirts I wear. I think it's just the differential between the long back and the short front; somehow it feels like it's supposed to be a long skirt, but then there's that big opening in the front.

I figure I just need to get over it, because to me it works better as a bare-legged spring/summer garment than as a layered up winter one. It's more comfortable bare-legged, too, because there's no good way to prevent tights from sticking to this skirt.

This skirt has a very high waist, and it's made of a dense, slightly stretchy cotton blend fabric, which does a great job of smoothing out my figure. It's like a foundation garment only WAY more comfortable. I combined it with my snugly-tailored blazer to continue the slim line through the torso and to give me some volume around the bust and shoulders.

Underneath I wore my lace-trimmed full slip, which just peeked out at the neckline and below the front hem.

In other news, I'm really happy that my beloved San Jose Sharks have made it into the second playoff round, and are leading the series. Laura and I found a fabulous new (well, new to us anyway) venue to go root for our team, and Laura even got us some shark hats to wear. Stay tuned for some serious team spirit -- I'll be posting photos at some point soon. 

Also, have you entered my 3-year anniversary giveaway yet? There's still time -- the contest closes at 8 pm PST this Friday! Make sure you to leave your comment(s) in the original entry. The giveaway is open to international entries, too!

Blazer: All Saints.... Skirt: Skin Graft.... Shoes: Paolo

No comments:

Post a Comment