Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Juana



This was the outfit I wore when Mark and I went out to dinner for his birthday a couple weeks ago. It's notable mainly because of the necklace; it's the Juana skull necklace by Wendy Brandes. I had wanted it for ages and finally got off my duff and bought it when Wendy announced that her prices were about to go up because of the skyrocketing price of silver and gold. I'm so glad I did! The craftsmanship is wonderful, and those big sparkly sapphire eyes make the pendant really eye-catching. I wore it sans earrings so that the pendant would be the focal point.

Mark's birthday dinner was at Espetus Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse, and was incredible. Though I had lived right down the street from Espetus for years, I hadn't ever been until the other night. We gorged ourselves on delicious cuts of steak and other barbecued meats as well as an awesome array of salads and sides. It reminded me very much of the dinners, or rather feasts, that Jess and I had when we visited Buenos Aires. I was especially glad I wore stretchy, non-constricting clothes that night, because Juana certainly wasn't helping me clean my plate.

Top: Max Studio
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Ponte knit pants: Club Monaco
Boots: All Black
Necklace: Wendy Brandes

No comments:

Post a Comment