Monday, July 25, 2011

Approximation



Inspired by my flapper-esque Bastille Day outfit, I put together this outfit, which has 20's daywear proportions. When I think of daywear in the flapper era, I always think of drop waist dresses with pleats, a look that can be approximated by wearing a fitted tunic-length top over a knee-length A-line skirt. This approximation also tends to be more flattering than an actual drop-waist dress for some reason. What I was going for was just a hint of a 20's vibe, not an actual reproduction of the style.

Over the weekend Mark and I attended our friends' wedding up on Mt. Tamalpais. When we met up with our dog sitter to drop Georgie off, she had brought along an adorable pit mix puppy that she's fostering, and of course I instantly fell in love and have been obsessing about him ever since (I think the dog sitter brought him along expressly for this purpose). We've been discussing the pros and cons of getting another dog for awhile now; obviously it would be a lot more work and more expense and hassle when we go out of town, but it would also be fun for Georgie as well as a chance to rescue another dog who's in need of a home. Plus, twice the snuggling potential! Perhaps there's another dog in our future...


Top: H&M
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Scarf: Asos
Skirt: Noa Noa
Bracelet: Betsey Johnson
Tights: Hue
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment